Friday, July 15, 2011

Rainy Day

About 6 hours in to this rainy day I've run out of ideas, and can barely remember this morning.

So we're watching a movie, in the basement, in case of a power outage:

Little Frog ready for the lights to go out.
Don't get me wrong, the kids love a little power outage. Not that we've had more than one, but that was apparently pretty exciting.

Ahh movie time! I tried desperately to convince Ox to watch one of the Tinkerbell movies, but he was NOT convinced. Which is too bad. Awhile back I managed to convince him that boys like to watch Angelina Ballerina, and he's totally okay with that. I must have gone about Tinkerbell in the wrong way.

We finally settled on Fantastic Mr. Fox, and I know I'll have to put up with Ox trying to imitate that little whistle for the next week as a result.

A note on Little Frog: this morning out of the blue she told me that next time she wants to be a cat, but this time she's a little girl. Her nickname is derived from another early morning declaration: "Mama when I was a little frog I was crying in the mud because a tornado was coming."

Woah

Past life: frog. Present life: little girl. Future life: cat. Leave it to a 3-year-old to have the universe well-organized.

1 comment:

  1. Woah is right! The Little Frogs of the world might be our only hope. Especially if they have a brother Ox.

    ReplyDelete