Monday, May 28, 2012

I had no idea.

First week of kindergarten. SO LITTLE!
I realize now I was overly confident that being a teacher for 10 (!) years had prepared me for life as a parent of a school-aged child.

I had no idea.

I was SO excited for Ox to start kindergarten. I was thrilled at the start of school, started buying the kindergarten wardrobe the spring before, school supplies as soon as the list came out. . .

. . . and I'm pretty sure I suffered post-traumatic-stress-disorder for a month or two after kindergarten actually started. Seriously. I think it was WORSE because I was so used to knowing every detail about a school, from the routine of the woman who vacuumed the library to how the prep schedule was created, that NOT knowing all these details about Ox's day made me crazy.  Poor Mrs. T, she really had to train me in. I promised her I wasn't going to be "THAT parent" but I think I was. For a little bit anyway.



With only 8 days left of kindergarten, I think I'm settling in.




In April. . . King of the World!
I will say this, though, having a child in the schools really made Mastermind and I step up the community involvement. Mastermind just signed up to be Den Leader of Ox's Cub Scout troop (and talked me in to being the Troop 412 Webmaster), and I volunteered to be Secretary of the PTA for the next two years, pending official voting in at the first meeting in September. In my defense, it was out of need (as in, the just-voted-in secretary is moving to Switzerland), not any sort of desire to be in the limelight.

. . . can a PTA secretary be considered "In The Limelight?" I guess a star takes any role offered, especially if it is for the greater benefit of mankind, er, schoolkind.

Anyway.

8 days left of kindergarten. First grade is going to be a breeze.

Who am I kidding? Nothing about being a parent is a breeze. . . if it gets too easy, I'm sure I can ask to switch places with the Treasurer.

                                                                                                   *shudder*


2 comments:

  1. ng on it, which has a certain collection value.
    3��File your love pot
    What is archiving? It is to build your love pot into a file belonging to them. From the beginning of playing the pot until you fall in love with the teapot, you will definitely collect and buy a lot of teapots during this period. So you have to go through the ins and outs of every teapot, you have to go to the name of the pot, the mud, the author, the price, etc., perhaps in the near future, your teapot wilChina Purple Clay Teapotl become the premier precious teapot.
    Purple clay teapot will breathe?
    A good teapot has good tea properties and is structurally Yixing Purple Clay Teapot Settransparent, so it is Purple Clay Teapot With Infusereasy to absorb odor. A few years ago, we repeatedly asked Mr. Zhu to transferHandmade Ceramic Teapot a small space pottery that he had used for more than ten years. Mr. Zhu personally dumped the black tea inside, and wrapped the purple teapot of the light, and there were some Drink the black tea together and give it to us.
    We carefully reviewed every detail and remembered that wheCheap Ceramic Teapotsn Mr. ZhAuthentic Purple Clay Teapotu was in the pot, in

    ReplyDelete